The beauty of this series of recipes is that you always learn something new. This one includes a deliciously simple Cucumber Salsa. Very easy to make – you just need to know the secrets of HelloFresh magic!
This recipe takes about 30 minutes to prepare and cook. The ingredients include vine tomatoes, red onion, lamb mince, cinnamon, mint and baby gem lettuce. There’s no shopping as all the ingredients are delivered to your door in your ‘Recipe Box’. and recipes require the minimum of preparation because quantities are already measured and there is no waste. Cooking is easy because HelloFresh provide you with fully illustrated step by step recipe cards.
HelloFresh makes cooking fresh food at home a cinch. Recipes are changed every week, so you have new mouth watering menus. You no longer have to think about what you are going to eat, meals are planned for you by top chefs. If you are only having three meals a week, you can choose any three from the five recipes, and there are various packages to suit the size of your family.
Check out the recipe below, then head over to HelloFresh to try their delivery service for yourself. Bon appetit!
2 Vine Tomatoes (chopped)
1 Baby Gem Lettuce (chopped)
2 Wholemeal Pita
2 tbsp Flat Leaf Parsley (chopped)
2 tbsp Mint (chopped)
1/2 Cucumber (ribbons)
2 tbsp Natural Yoghurt
250g lamb Mince
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1. Chop the tomatoes in 1cm cubes and coarsely chop the baby gem lettuce. Peel and cut the onion in half through the root and then slice one half of it into very thin, crescent shaped slices. Slice each pita bread in half. Finely chop the parsley and the mint.
2. Peel the cucumber (discard the skin), then use your peeler to peel long thin ribbons. When you reach the so part in the middle, rotate the cucumber a bit and carry on peeling. Mix the cucumber ribbons with 2 tbsp of yoghurt and half your sliced onion. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
3. Pre-heat your grill to high heat.
4. Mix together the lamb mince, the cinnamon and 1⁄4 tsp of salt. Next, mix in 3⁄4 of the parsley and mint. Work the mixture really thoroughly with your hands for a few minutes.
5. Divide the mixture into four portions and gently press each one into a burger shape. Tip: Try not to compact the meat too much. Rub a light coating of olive oil on each burger before transferring them to a baking tray. Grill them on the top shelf nearest the grill for 3 mins on each side.
6. In a bowl, mix together the baby gem lettuce and the other half of your sliced red onion. Mix in the tomatoes and the remaining parsley and mint. Season your salad with a pinch of salt and pepper before drizzling over a tsp of olive oil.
7. Put your pita on a baking tray under the grill for about a minute on each side. Tip: Alternatively you can stick them in the toaster but keep an eye on them as they only need to be warmed up rather than crispy.
8. Serve the lamb inside the pita, with a healthy spoonful of your cucumber relish and your salad on the side.