Chermoula is one of the most delicious ways to cook just about anything; meat, fish or vegetables. It is a traditional North African marinade and you just can’t beat it. Here we’ve used it on some juicy chicken thighs and you won’t believe how little time it will take you to create such an explosion of flavours… HelloFresh magic!
This recipe took about 45 minutes to prepare and cook. The chicken is marinated in lemon, herbs and spices, and served on a layer of chopped vegetables, lentils and chorizo. There’s no shopping as all the ingredients are delivered to your door in your ‘Recipe Box’. and recipes require the minimum of preparation because quantities are already measured and there is no waste. Cooking is easy because HelloFresh provide you with fully illustrated step by step recipe cards.
HelloFresh makes cooking fresh food at home a cinch. Recipes are changed every week, so you have new mouth watering menus. You no longer have to think about what you are going to eat, meals are planned for you by top chefs. If you are only having three meals a week, you can choose any three from the five recipes, and there are various packages to suit the size of your family.
Check out the recipe below, then head over to HelloFresh to try their delivery service for yourself. Bon appetit!
1 Carrot (chopped)
1 Onion (chopped)
1 Red Pepper (sliced)
1 Garlic Clove (chopped)
3 tbsp Coriander (chopped)
1/2 tbsp Ras-el-Hanout
4 Boned Chicken Thighs
60g/2oz Chorizo (chopped)
1 tin Organic Lentils
On a weekly basis HelloFresh delivers a box full of exciting recipes and appropriate as well as fresh ingredients directly to the customer’s home – discover now!
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees. Now get all your vegetables prepped and ready for action! Peel and chop your carrot and onion into very small pieces about 1/2cm, and set aside. Remove the core from the pepper and slice it into strips. Peel and finely chop the garlic and finely chop up the coriander. Tip: To see how to dice an onion check out our Youtube Channel by searching HelloFreshUK.
2. Time to make the Chermoula! Put the chopped coriander in a bowl with the ras-el-hanout, garlic and grate the zest of half the lemon into the bowl. Add the juice of half the lemon and 1 tbsp of olive oil. Give it a good stir and then add the chicken to the bowl.
3. Mix it around either with your hands or a spoon, making sure the chicken gets a good coating of the chermoula. Tip: Remember to wash your hands after you handle raw meat. Season with some salt and pepper and pop onto a baking tray. Put the chicken on the top shelf of the oven for 25 mins until it is cooked and no longer pink inside.
4. Mix the peppers with 1 tbsp olive oil, put them on a baking tray and into the oven to roast. They should be done in 20 mins.
5. Put a frying pan on a medium heat with 1 tsp oil and then add the chorizo. Cook for about 5 mins until the chorizo is a little crispy and has released some of its oils. Take the chorizo out of the pan and set aside. Tip: When you take the chorizo out of the pan try to leave the oil in so the vegetables pick up some lovely chorizo-ey flavour. If the pan doesn’t have much oil left in it, add 1 tbsp of oil, then add the onion and carrot to the pan. Cook for about 5 mins or until the vegetables are soft.
6. Drain the lentils in a sieve and run some water through them to rinse them. Add the chorizo back into the pan with the vegetables along with the lentils. Cook for about 4 mins, stirring to make sure everything is combined. Take off the heat.
7. When the chicken and peppers are ready, serve the chicken on top of the lentils with the peppers on the side. Enjoy!