Much as the Italians will often add a whole, unchopped clove of garlic to the pan to add a milder flavour, here you’ll just stab the chilli to release a bit of heat and flavour. The beauty of this family recipe is that you can adjust the spice level by sticking your knife in as many times as you like. HelloFresh magic!
This recipe takes about 45 minutes to prepare and cook. The ingredients include cannellini beans, cherry tomatoes, thyme, onion and tomato purée. There’s no shopping as all the ingredients are delivered to your door in your ‘Recipe Box’. and recipes require the minimum of preparation because quantities are already measured and there is no waste. Cooking is easy because HelloFresh provide you with fully illustrated step by step recipe cards.
HelloFresh makes cooking fresh food at home a cinch. Recipes are changed every week, so you have new mouth watering menus. You no longer have to think about what you are going to eat, meals are planned for you by top chefs. If you are only having three meals a week, you can choose any three from the five recipes, and there are various packages to suit the size of your family.
Check out the recipe below, then head over to HelloFresh to try their delivery service for yourself. Bon appetit!
1 Onion (sliced)
2 Garlic Cloves (bashed)
1 tbsp Tomato Purée
12 Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
1 tin Cannellini Beans
2 Sprigs Thyme
1/2 Knorr Chicken Stock Pot
1/2 Red Chilli
4 Toulouse Sausages
Flat Leaf Parsley (chopped)
1. Peel the onion and cut it in half through the root. Slice widthways into half moon shapes. Bash the garlic clove and remove the skin.
2. Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and bashed garlic and cook gently for 5 mins, until the onion has softened.
3. Add the tomato purée and cook for 1-2 mins to allow the full flavour of the tomato to be released.
4. Chop the tomatoes in half and add to the pan. Add the beans, thyme sprigs, bay leaf and the stock pot with 100ml of water. Add 1/4 tsp of salt and a few grinds of pepper and bubble away for 20 mins or until thick and tasty.
5. Pre-heat your grill to high for the sausages. Stab the chilli with a knife and add to the bean mixture in the pan. Tip: The more you stab the chilli the more spice and seeds will be released – so if you want a mild version only make a few small stabs.
6. Grill the sausages for 15-20 mins until fully cooked through.
7. Serve the sausages on top of the bean cassoulet and sprinkle the chopped parsley over the top.